Panda Help for SA Bloggers
Panda 2.5 – Free Help for South African Bloggers
If you are a South African based Small business entrepreneur, and your wordpress.com blog site has taking a severe traffic drop as a result of Google Panda 2.5, I can possibly help.
To help these SME’s I am making the resources of my company Graphicline.co.za available with a PRO BONO offer to help move your blog to a self hosted domain.
The only way you have a realistic chance of recovering is to move your blog site to your own domain. I fully realise many of you do not have the technical skills to do this without help. The process of setting up a WordPress CMS is simple to us web people, but complicated for the uninitiated.
Transferring an existing site poses additional challenges. WordPres.com happines engineers will do this for you for a fee, to one of their partner hosting services. For South Africans, a .co.za domain is cheaper than a dot-com or other international domain, and not necessary for those of us conducting business in South Africa – When a visitor sees .co.za they know straight away this is a South African web site, a dot-com could be anywhere in the world.
Having a self hosted WordPress site gives the advantage of total control over the site structure, with the long-term benefits of making your site (blog) as Google friendly as possible.
Pro-Bono to Beat Google Discrimination
Why would I do this Pro-Bono.
- I have been a small business entrepreneur most of my working life, and understand the challenges facing smaller business.
- I find the latest Google machinations totally unfair, and biased heavily in favour of web sites making Google money.
- I take a long-term outlook: Small business can grow into larger business. A little of my time given now may one day result in a regular client. (There is no obligation attached to this offer however).
- Small business operators have friends; a single word of mouth recommendation is worth more than any paid for advertising.
- You may wish to make use of my related services, that I can charge for (once again, there is no obligation). The list of options is at the bottom of this page.
- I get a link from your new self hosted domain.
Please do not abuse this offer:
I am making this offer to those SOUTH AFRICAN based SME’s that have suffered traffic loss since Panda 2.5 late in September 2011.
The offer is for entrepreneurs using wordpress.com for your web presence. If you use your wordpress.com blog to push traffic to another website you do not qualify for pro-bono help (An exception may be made for bone-fide Fishermen who do this). I will want to see your blog, and have a look at the stats (you can send screenshots showing 3 month results – views, referrers and so on).
You will still need to pay for your domain and monthly hosting – I will register your domain at cost if you want.
Use my ‘Contact Us‘ form on this blog, to send your phone number, e-mail and blog URL. Your contact details will not be provided to anyone else. I do not send out regular mail-shots to spam your mailbox – the last mail-shot I did was more than 6 months ago.
Note: This offer is also available if you use Blooger.com – provided there is no 3rd party advertising, including AdWords and Pay per Click Ads.
Options you may want to use
My business, Graphicline.co.za, provides a range of web related services that may be of use to you;
- Proofreading and editing of content (in collaboration with our language service associate, Intelligent Verbatim): One of the things required by Panda 2.5 is correct spelling and good grammar.
- Content Management.
- Image optimisation for web use – graphics and photos.
- Holistic web site management.
- Site building: WordPress, Drupal, static HTML.
Things I do not offer:
SEO Services: The only search engine optimisation I provide is basic ORGANIC on-site optimisation.
I do not (and will not) provide any service for link building, spamming, black hat techniques, or any of the rash of contra indicated ideas being pushed so heavily by SEO Sharks today.
Posted on October 15, 2011, in Blogs, CMS, Company, Google, Internet, NEWS FROM GRAPHICLINE, Panda 2.5, Services and tagged Blog, Business, CMS, Company News, Cottage Industry, editing, Entreprenuer, Google, graphics, Internet, Panda, Panda 2.5, Pro Bono Work, Proofreading, Search Engines, SEO, Small Business, SMB, SME, South Africa, Website, WordPress, wordpress.com. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.